277 感同身受 Resonation

愛惜自己 - 活出彩虹
張慧儀
文章: 1620
註冊時間: 2006-05-10, 00:11
聯繫:

277 感同身受 Resonation

文章 張慧儀 »

幾位濶別了十多年的學員不約而同同來上課,課後寒暄,不覺大家都成長了,家中的長輩也變了長者,少不免提到長輩現正面對的種種困擾:善忘、痠痛、性情改變、心緒不寧、難以入睡...

歲月的確不饒人,兄弟、姐妹、親戚、朋友和我一起老去,大家就算不是正在面對上述困擾,他朝君體也相同吧。

學員的心聲令我再萌生起加把勁編纂多一些芳療護老的課程,幫助照護長者的人和被照護的長者都可以活得更加舒暢平和。

翻查資料期間,我體會到兩件事:其一是老人科這門學問讓我更了解以上徵狀的成因和各種護理方案所依據的道理;其二是與十多年前對比,喜見現在有愈來愈多論文是針對芳療舒緩這些不適的研究,實驗證明芳療的效果不俗,而對象不單單是老人家,很多比長者年輕得多的人都有以上的困擾。

在此事先張揚,核實各課程資料無誤之後,我便廣告天下開課

如果您是護老者,歡迎您帶同您照顧的壽星來聽講;如果您是老人家,歡迎您帶同照顧您的好人來上課,一人付費,兩人受惠,務求做到施者與受者都能學以致用,齊齊受惠,福壽安寧。

張慧儀
聯繫:

384 失智症 Dementia

文章 張慧儀 »

外媒報道,一位患失智症[1]的老先生,用他年輕參軍時學懂的聽聲解碼技術,破解了護養院房門的電子門鎖密碼,拉著患失智症的太太遛之大吉去拍拖,兩人溜達溜達,不到一會已記不起為何會在街頭留連,不知如何是好;幸好他們走不遠便被護養院職員尋回。

老先生的短期記憶欠奉,唯長期記憶猶新,不單還記得幾十年前當兵時所學,還愛妻如昔,慧儀非常欣賞。

回想我在多年前讀過日本失智症預防學會的一篇論文,原來失智症患者先是嗅覺神經受損,因而影嚮相連的海馬迴,令短期記憶功能減弱,繼而令腦退化惡化。

學會發現,失智症患者每天接受芳香療法,日間用迷迭香和檸檬香薰幫助活化腦部神經細胞,晚間用薰衣草和甜橙香薰幫助患者寧神安眠,僅僅四星期後,芳療的效益與服食失智症藥物的功效不相上下,臨床數據顯示患者的認知能力得到改善,而且患者的心情狀態比服藥更好。

慧儀以這方案為基礎落實應用,並收集相關資訊,於2019年編了一堂以失智症為題的課程,旨在幫助失智症患者的家人和護老者,同時改善患者的生活質素。

學員的功課分享中發現,原來任何年齡的人都會斷片(暫時失去短期記憶),學員早晚在家裡擴香或隨身攜帶香氣,一個方案,全家受惠。

[1] 失智症(Dementia)患者會漸漸喪失過活所需的思維、記憶、語言、解決問題的能力。

張慧儀
聯繫:

396 多謝您不離不棄 Thank You for Staying

文章 張慧儀 »

圖檔

"He leaned in and he whispered in my ear, 'Thank you for staying,'" Lisa said through tears.
( Lisa 含著淚說:「他靠過來我耳邊輕輕地說:『多謝您不離不棄。』」)

慧儀逛網時,被這標題吸引:到底他為何要感謝她留下?她為何邊說邊流淚?我的指頭聽從我好奇心的召喚,按連結入網頁看個究竟。

螢幕出現一對新人幸福滿溢的笑臉。新娘是 Lisa,新郎是 Peter,他正在迎娶的,正是已與他共渡了十二載寒暑的妻子 Lisa。

他倆的第一段姻緣是迂迴的,經歷八年分隔兩地的愛情長跑,終於在2009年手牽手衝線,共諧連理。

Peter 在幾年前患上失智症,Lisa 一力照顧。為免生活壓力愈來愈大,聰慧的她懂得向別人求助和接受別人的幫忙,她在面書記下照護 Peter 的心路歷程,留住她倆的生活點滴。這平台喚起了世人對失智症的關注,讓失智症照顧者有一個歇腳交流和互助的社群。

2020年12月某一天,他們看電視時見到結婚的畫面,Peter 突然向 Lisa 說:「Let's do it. (我們去做吧。)」
Lisa 出奇的回問:「Do what? (做甚麼?)」
Peter 指著螢幕畫面,Lisa 再問:「Do you want to get married? (您想結緍?)」
Peter 笑容燦爛地答:「Yes. (是。)」

Peter 已完全忘記了這位不離不棄地照顧他的可人兒是他的妻子,就是這樣用了這個方式向 Lisa 求婚,並舉行婚禮。

從今天開始,無論是順境或是逆境,富有或貧窮,健康或疾病,從今天開始,我將永遠愛你、珍惜你,至死不渝。

我不知道他倆會否在婚禮上再唸一次這段愛的宣言,能與真愛相處一生一世是最幸福不過的事。Peter 再次愛上深愛的人是多麼美好,而有那個妻子能如 Lisa 一般再次得到深愛的丈夫請求與他結婚?

原來世上沒有最幸福,祇有更幸福。慧儀衷心祝願他們白頭偕老。

- - -(English translation for Lisa and Peter)- - -

"He leaned in and he whispered in my ear, 'Thank you for staying,'" Lisa said through tears.

The above title caught my eye while I was surfing the internet. I was curious...
“Why did he thank her for staying?”
“Why did she say it through tears?”
My fingers could not help but clicked the link to check it out.

Two contented smiling faces appeared on the screen. The bride was Lisa and the groom was Peter. He was marrying Lisa, his wife, who has been going through thick and thin with him in the past twelve years.

The first phase of their love story was circuitous. After a 8-year long-distance love marathon, they finally crossed the line hand in hand in 2009 and got married.

A few years ago, Peter was diagnosed dementia and Lisa took care of him all on her own. In order to cope with the overwhelming stress as time went by, Lisa learnt to ask for help and accept assistance from others. She started a Facebook page to keep a record of her journey on caring for Peter, to share their ups and downs as it is. This platform has aroused the world's attention to dementia and served as a community for dementia caregivers to take a breather and help one another.

A day in December 2020 while watching a wedding scene on TV, Peter suddenly said to Lisa, "Let's do it."
Lisa asked: "Do what?"
Peter pointed to the screen.
Lisa asked again: "Do you want to get married?"
Peter said with a big grin on his face, "Yes."

Peter has completely forgotten that this lovely lady who has been looking after him wholeheartedly is his wife. This is how he proposed to Lisa and they held their wedding.

For better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.

I don't know if they did say this wedding vows again at the wedding. It is most fulfilling to be able to live with true love for a lifetime. How wonderful it is for Peter to fall in love with his true love again. Who would be as lucky as Lisa to have her beloved hubby asking her to marry him twice?

It turns out that there is a higher level of a blissful state. I sincerely wish them always in love.

回覆文章